· The Death of Paper – Are printed magazines, newspapers, and books nearing their demise? Check out this article and make the call.
· On Faith – The panelists at The Washington Post and Newsweek’s forum, On Faith, have recently been asked: “Women are not allowed to become clergy in many conservative religious groups. Is it hypocritical to think that a woman can lead a nation and not a congregation?” As you can imagine this question has generated a varied number of responses and heated debate in the forums. You can read the responses from all the panelists here; however, I would recommend the following panelists’ responses, and not necessarily because I agree with them:
Albert Mohler Jr. – President, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Brian D. McLaren – Leader in the Emergent Church movement and author of A Generous Orthodoxy
Richard Mouw – President, Fuller Theological Seminary
Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite – Professor, Chicago Theological Seminary
Deepak Chopra – Founder and president of the Alliance for a New Humanity
· Insufficient Responses- A Thought on Nehemiah 1.4 – You need to read this post.
· Pry the Baton Out of Their (C)old, Dead Hands- An Opinion on Age Trends in the SBC – Todd Burus has posted on age trends in the SBC there has not been a lot of discussion on this post and I know Todd, as well as myself, would love to hear your thoughts.
· Convocation marks start of “year of living dangerously,” Mohler tells students – Dr. Albert Mohler’s fall convocation address at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary challenges students to live dangerously (click here for MP3). From the address:
“I want us to be an institution that scares people,” he said. “We are gathered here at this place, with so many of us — it appears — who are committed to the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ; this is a dangerous place. The forces of evil and darkness and the enemies of the Gospel have more than met their match. Not because of who we are, but because of who Christ is. Not because we have any tactical skill, but because we follow a Lord who is going to vindicate His Gospel.”