. . . . I said no more posts on politics and here I am in the same week doing another post on politics. Honestly, I have written so much on this lately because I feel that the church has lost her mission (II Corinthians 10:3-5). Below are two series of posts one by John MacArthur, at Pulpit Magazine, and the other by Phil Johnson, at Pyromaniacs. I am posting these not to correct the churches understanding of politics, although I think these posts will serve well to do that, but to call the church to repent of her folly and reclaim her mission.
- The Gospel and Politics (Part 1)
- The Gospel and Politics (Part 2)
- The Gospel and Politics (Part 3)
- The Gospel and Politics (Part 4)
- The Foolishness of Preaching: Preaching, not lobbying, is how we make truth known.
- If Righteousness Could Be Gained From the Law: Gospel, not Law is what changes sinful hearts.
- Slaves, Not Rulers: Service, not dominion, is the most effective way to win people in any culture.
- Let’s Stay On Message: Christ, not moralism, should be the primary substance of our message.